- The first ten seconds a customer spends in your store can influence their tone for the entire visit; what kind of first impression does your store give?
- Place “speed-bumps”, small tabletop displays of product, just beyond your decompression zone. Make these displays easily accessible, approachable and irresistible to encourage the customers to engage the products.
- Use your end caps as a feature point for particular promotional items instead of basic merchandise. Plan what will go on your end features and change these up monthly. Add a truly special look to your end caps with specialty shelves, focus lighting or special signage.
- Increase sales at the checkout with impulse item displays – who can resist them?
- The wall directly behind your cash counter is a great selling location for new items, hot buys and impulse products.
- Implement a signing program; signage serves a great purpose as they can act as silent sales people which can assist customers until a real person is available.
- Host one major in-store event and two to three minor in-store events each month. Major events can fill your store with shoppers; minor events limit the amount of participants and can include demos and classes.
These are just a few simple ideas to assist your store in increasing their sales and remember Westmount is here to help you create your vision for your location. Contact us today to find out more information about what we can do for you!